Welcome to my blog!
This blog is primarily a journal/diary of my mental life written as a documentation for my future self.
A friendly warning to other people who are not me:
Anytime you feel that I'm being too harsh or rude in my posts, please remember that the 'you' written on the post refers specifically to me (Yoshua Elmaryono) and not you. If you feel offended by any of my post, please realize that it's not my intention to offend anybody.
All in all, this is my journal. If you don't like it, then there are so many blogs that you can read instead of mine.
- If you disagree with me, use the "Email Me" at the bottom of the page to contact me.
- If you agree or want to comment, Email Me.
- If you have something to add, Email Me and I may consider adding it to my post.
- If you think the title of a post doesn't match the post (If you caught yourself thinking "Oh, I thought this post is about X when I see the title. It seems it is about Y instead."), then Email Me and I will consider clarifying the title more.
- There'll be grammar and spelling mistakes. If the mistake muddles the content, correction will be appreciated (Email Me). If it doesn't, then just let it be (nothing is perfect).
These are all my posts sorted top to bottom from newest to oldest. You can use Ctrl+F or Cmd+F to find the post you're looking for.
- Mono no aware
- Why I drop out
- Risks, prices, consequences
- The important role of good mentor (in providing guidance to reach our real goals)
- A good way to live
- [Mental Technique] Context switching: multitasking strategies for humans
- [Technical Tips] Why I go barefoot a lot of the time
- What to ask when you are a beginner
- [Technical Tips] Using run as textual shortcut for Windows software and file
- The unteachable vs. unlearnable
- Underlying pattern (what fanatic atheist and fanatic religious guys have in common)
- [Technical Tips] Switching to DVORAK so you can touch type
- [Technical tips] Practice your foreign language speaking skill alone
- My idea of femininity and masculinity
- Master of basics
- A meta-post: how to be [insert characteristic here]
- General job description of programmers
- Focus on goal, not on way
- The definitive guide to be a genius
- Social skill heuristics for logical people
- Resolve conflicting heuristics
- The relationship between agency and growth
- The reality-empathy tradeoff
- [Technical Tips] Reading by typing to a note-taking software
- Personal time management
- Getting to the top vs. getting near the top
- The eternal children and how to be more lovable
- A business undergrad’s lament
- The pros make mistakes too (even if they seem to be perfect)
- Money doesn't solve problem
- Delusion trick